Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Well, it's official.
This is my first ever Blog entry. Fitting, as it's my official entry into the 2 year full time MFA program at the New York Academy Of Art for Figurative Painting, Drawing and Sculpture in NYC.
http://nyaa.edu/nyaa/index.html
I was notified a couple of months ago of my acceptance, and today I found out that my Federal loans have gone though, so it's actually happening. So much to do, such little time.
I'll be using this blog in conjunction with my Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/ian.factor.7
and website, http://www.ianfactor.com/ to keep everyone updated as to the experiences I'm about to embark on in this new stage of my life and career as a painter, teacher and student.


Since I'm just getting into this whole Blog thing, please hang with me as I figure it all out and get comfortable with this new format of communication for me.


The plan is to write a little update occasionally, post some photos, videos and dates of open studios, shows and events to keep you all in the loop of what's happening at the Academy and what my own personal experiences will be there.


It's an exciting time and I'm eager to get started this September 10th at orientation. I'll be trying to rent my studio / loft here in Boston while I'm in NYC and plan to get to to Manhattan late August.


I'll close this first blog entry with a quote from Robert Henri's "The Art Spirit", perhaps the most important book on art ever written.


"What we need is more sense of the wonder of life and less of the business of making a picture"  
~Robert Henri


See you all soon!


ian




No comments:

Post a Comment